Welcome to the official website of
Canyon Highway District No. 4
Our Purpose and Organization
Canyon Highway District No. 4 (CHD4) is one of four Highway Districts in Canyon County. Canyon Highway District boundaries are found primarily in the Northeastern area of Canyon County, surrounding Caldwell. Canyon Highway District was formed in 1981 to maintain public rights-of-way, roads, and bridges in the highway system, within the District's boundaries, excluding state highways and cities.
The Highway District is a political subdivision of the State of Idaho and, according to state law, functions like a corporation. It is a special-purpose district and is not part of the state, city or county governments.
Total Miles in District:
In an effort to minimize exposure to our employees and patrons due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in accordance with recommendations from the Center of Disease Control, Canyon Highway District No. 4 is asking that you please do the following:
- ALL HIGHWAY DISTRICT BUILDINGS AND VEHICLES ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL JULY 15th, 2020 due to ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 cases locally.
- CHD4 Board of Commissioners will re-evaluate re-opening District offices to the public at their July 8th meeting.
- PLEASE PROVIDE OUR EMPLOYEES WITH A MINIMUM 6-FOOT PERSONAL SPACE. IF YOU ARE SICK, OR HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR THE CORONAVIRUS, PLEASE AVOID ALL PERSONAL CONTACT WITH OUR EMPLOYEES.
- Contact us by phone or email:
- Phone: #208-454-8135
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a form, document, or delivery, please leave it the box in our entryway during regular business hours.
- All permitting can be done via email and paid for over the phone. Please send any permits to the email address listed above.
Thank you for helping to keep our employees and the public safe, and we look forward to a return to normal business soon.