Welcome to the official website of
Canyon Highway District No. 4
Our Purpose and Organization
Canyon Highway District No. 4 (CHD4) is one of four Highway Districts in Canyon County. Canyon Highway District boundaries are found primarily in the Northeastern area of Canyon County, surrounding Caldwell. Canyon Highway District was formed in 1981 to maintain public rights-of-way, roads, and bridges in the highway system, within the District's boundaries, excluding state highways and cities.
The Highway District is a political subdivision of the State of Idaho and, according to state law, functions like a corporation. It is a special-purpose district and is not part of the state, city or county governments.
Total Miles in District:
In an effort to minimize exposure to our employees and patrons due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in accordance with recommendations from the Center of Disease Control, Canyon Highway District No. 4 is asking that you please do the following:
- CHD4 offices, Board meetings and other public gatherings are open to the public on a limited basis, with not more than 6 visitors in the conference room at a time, and all are required to maintain a six-foot social distancing requirement.
- A mask is required within the office lobby, and all other locations within our offices, but may be removed when in the designated meeting room and six-foot separation can be maintained.
- Phone or video conference is still the preferred meeting venue when practical; contact staff to arrange electronic meetings.
- PLEASE PROVIDE OUR EMPLOYEES WITH A MINIMUM 6-FOOT PERSONAL SPACE. IF YOU ARE SICK, OR HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR THE CORONAVIRUS, PLEASE AVOID ALL PERSONAL CONTACT WITH OUR EMPLOYEES.
- Contact us by phone or email:
- Phone: #208-454-8135
- Email: email@example.com
- If you have a form, document, or delivery, please leave it on the cart in our entryway during regular business hours.
- All permitting can be done via email and paid for over the phone. Please send any permit applications or questions about permitting to the following email addresses:
Thank you for helping to keep our employees and the public safe, and we look forward to a return to normal business soon.
CHD4 Employment Opportunities
Canyon Highway District No. 4 (CHD4) is seeking qualified applicants to complement the Road Crew and Engineering Department in planning, design, and construction of transportation projects, and assist with management of development entitlements and infrastructure.
For immediate consideration, submit an application, resume, and any supplementary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org (include “CHD4 Engineering Job” in the subject line), or by US mail.
Full job description: