Farmway Road Corridor Planning Study
Canyon Highway District No. 4 and the City of Caldwell have partnered on this planning study of Farmway Road from its intersection with SH-55 (Karcher Rd) to the SH-19 (Simplot Boulevard) intersection.
The study will:
- Determine a vision of the Farmway Road corridor to improve safety, mobility and access between SH-55 and SH-19.
- Evaluate traffic operations for existing and future traffic at the following intersections:
- SH-19/Farmway Road
- Logan Street/Farmway Road
- Linden Street/Farmway Road
- Ustick Road/Farmway Road
- Homedale Road/Farmway Road
- Identify future pedestrian and bike facilities along the corridor. The initial facilities for discussion are detached pathways on Farmway Road from SH-55 to SH-19 as recommended in the City’s 2040 Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- Develop a roadway plan that accommodates existing and future freight. Freight companies and manufacturers near SH-19 will be contacted to identify typical vehicle sizes and types and potential over-size and over-weight vehicles that utilize Farmway Road.
- Evaluate intersection traffic control alternatives and determine if Farmway Road is best suited as a traffic signal corridor, roundabout corridor, or combination traffic signal and roundabout corridor.
- Develop access management guidelines to improve safety and mobility while balancing access to existing and future development.
The public is invited to provide comments regarding the planning study below:
Additional opportunities for public comment will be available at a Public Information Meeting scheduled to be held in late summer 2021.